We are looking for students, researchers and alumni of photonics or engineering who have an idea for a new product or service that is related to photonics.
What will you get
We will select four teams who will each get 1000 euros of micro-funding and get to join the Draft training program. The training program consists of 3 personal coaching sessions and 2 group coaching sessions.
Head coach of the program is an experienced photonics professor, entrepreneur and investor Dr. Jyrki Saarinen.
With the help of the funding and coaching, you will further develop your idea and get a chance to implement it in practice.
What kind of an idea I need?
We are especially interested in ideas that you can work on top of your full-time studies or day job. This idea should be based on some skill you have and/or resources you have access to that are at least partly related to photonics. For example:
- You could rent a university 3D printer to design and print part you designed for manufacturers.
- Do simulations and modelling for a local manufacturer.
- Design a optics education kit and sell it to local schools.
- Create 3D models of people’s homes using photographs.
Who can participate?
This call is open to teams with at least 2 members. At least one of the members needs to be a student, staff member or alumni of Karelia UAS, Riveria, Savonia UAS, SAKKY or UEF. The applicant cannot be an existing company with existing revenues. The background or affiliation of the other members of the applicant team are not limited in other ways.
How to apply?
- Send your application with a description of your idea and team using the official application system by 11.11.2021. In the system choose Photonics funding call 2021.
- Attach a 1-page business plan to the application.
- If your team passes the pre-selection, which is done based on the applications, you will be invited to present your idea to the selection board on 17.11.2021
- More information: email@example.com
In partnership with
This special funding call is organized in collaboration with:
- University of Eastern Finland
- Karelia University of Applied Sciences
- Photonics Finland
- PREIN – Finnish Flagship on photonics research and innovations.
- Pohjois-Karjalan koulutuskuntayhtymä Riveria
This special funding call is part of the Month of Photonics 2021.